Sunday, October 28, 2007

Upgrade to Leopard, the story so far

I was really looking forward to upgrading to Leopard today but I'm not sure if I'm happier now that it's all done. Apple is starting to do some really stupid things lately. I've been a Apple/Next user/developer since 1992, eight years on Next and the last seven years on Apple. I have to ask, what the hell are they thinking? No Java 6 support, key bindings removed for Front Row, you cannot use an AirDisk with Time Machine, AirDisks don't work and so on. I guess I'll have to see how things go over the next week or two, but I'm not going to install Leopard on any other mac in my house till things get better. On a similar note, I bought a Apple TV a few months back and returned it after two days. I've never been unhappy with an Apple product before, but this seems to be becoming a trend :-) I love my iPhone, but Apple's tendency to control every aspect of my computer is really starting to piss me off. BTW, wtf is up with Front Row, when I browse out of the "Music" section the music stops, Front Row 1.x didn't do this, it played music till you picked something else for it to play. I'm going to watch a movie, I'm sure that will be more enjoyable than the last hour has been.

No comments: